Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Starting a New Book

My plan was to pretty much have my next Rocky Bluff P.D. crime novel written by the end of February before my big time in person promoting begins for the one that is coming out very, very soon. That one is called No Sanctuary. I have another one finished for 2010, but I like have two ready to go in case I can't write for some reason or other.

Yes, I do the same thing with my Deputy Tempe Crabtree mysteries. The next one is with the publisher and I have another nearly done. Just reading it to my critique group and polishing it.

I knew where I was going with the Rocky Bluff story, did some notes on what I wanted to happen through the book, know exactly how it will end. But for some reason, I just couldn't get started.

Finally, I wrote Chapter 1. Today I got nearly all of Chapter 2 done. Hopefully, now that I'm started I'll continue on without too many problems.

Distractions in the form of blogs and twitters are the biggest problems. I started a blog about the Rocky Bluff P.D. and now feel like I should put up something new every day. I already do that with my own personal blog. Once the new book comes out though, I'll probably slow that one down since I don't want to give away too much about the story.

Now if I could only concentrate on the book I'm writing and not head off on so many tangents.

The fact that two bedrooms downstairs very close to my office are being remodeled for my new bedroom doesn't help. Two grandsons are doing the work and they really want Grandma to come see their progress a lot.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

2 comments:

  1. Marilyn: You are amazing! I have a year to write the next book and I'm already procrastinating. I don't know how you do so many things simultaneously. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My computer was in the shop for two days and I felt like part of my brain was missing!

    However, I did do some pen and paper writing creating scenes for the new book.

    Marilyn
    http://fictionforyou.com

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.