Thursday, March 16, 2017

Left Coast Crime

Aloha!



I'm heading out this morning for Left Coast Crime.

Left Coast Crime is the big reader-oriented mystery conference that's always held somewhere on, well, the left coast. This year it's in Honolulu. I know, a sacrifice to head to Hawaii when we still have snow on the ground, but I'm up for the challenge.

Rather than author focused panels about craft or industry/publishing, the sessions are totally focused on books. Gotta love that, right? My panel is financial crime in mysteries, a session that's right up my alley. Come by and say hello if you're at the conference.

I'm eagerly waiting to catch up with author friends and make new ones.

Have you ever been to a reader-focused conference?



Cathy Perkins is currently working on new story in the So About… series.  She started writing when recurring characters and dialogue populated her day job commuting daydreams.  Fortunately, that first novel lives under the bed, but she was hooked on the joy of creating stories.  When not writing, she can be found doing battle with the beavers over the pond height or setting off on another travel adventure.  Born and raised in South Carolina, she now lives in Washington with her husband, children, several dogs and the resident deer herd. 


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post, Cathy, and I'm sure I'll enjoy your books, too! I've been to one reader conference-- Bouchercon, Toronto, 2004 (2005?) when I was not seriously considering publication of my not-publishable-anyway mysteries that were not really mysteries. :-) I'll be back in Toronto this October with two published mysteries, eager to meet readers. Please share more about your experience at LCC!

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.