Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ghosts and Angels

Anyone who has known me for anytime at all has heard about all the haunted places hubby and I have stayed or visited: The Queen Mary, Room 17 in the Bella Maggoire Bed and Breakfast, the hotel across the street from the Alamo. Just this weekend we went on a ghost tour and visited the haunted Ventura Courthouse (while wandering around in the dark halls of the jail I'm positive I glimpsed a wraith) as well as other old hotels in the area.

My grandkids sincerely believe our house is haunted--and it may be, we have doors that open and close on their own. I have my own theory about ghosts, I think they maybe no more than echoes from the past. If you think about the fact that their might be another dimension, what went on before could very well still be hanging around.

Angels are a whole other story. Because I am a Bible student, I firmly believe that angels are surrounding us all the time, many examples are in the Bible, Old and New Testament. Good ones, those who look out for us, and the fallen angels (demons) whose agenda is totally different.

I've heard far too many miracles where angels intervened. According to the Bible, angels sometimes take on human appearance--hence the stranger who helped out at an accident and saved someone's life and then disappeared before anyone could find out who he was. (And yes, I do know some personal stories where this has happened, but it would take far too long to recount them.)

Anyone who believes in ghosts ought to believe in angels too. Ghosts are fun to think and talk about, but the angels are the ones who actually intervene on our behalf.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

1 comment:

  1. Marilyn, please recount one of your angel stories in a future blog! Maggie

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.