Thursday, October 10, 2019

Book Review of Frankie Y. Bailey's What the Fly Saw by Juliana Aragon Fatula

Dear Reader,



I just finished reading Frankie Y. Bailey’s sequel to the Red Queen Dies, the book titled, What the Fly Saw is so great I couldn’t put it down until I read it cover to cover just like I did with The Red Queen Dies. I gave the first mystery four stars because I was unhappy with the ending. Ha. She hooked me into reading the sequel and that’s what great writers do. They hook us into reading and not putting the book down. They call it a page turner. I call it a midnight page turner burner. I couldn’t keep my eyes open last night so I closed the book and slept until morning. I woke up made some chai and returned to the book to finish. I didn’t want to do anything else. I was hooked and hooked good. 
So, hats off to Frankie Y. Bailey. I didn’t know the author before my friend introduced me to her, but I’m a fan now. I want to read everything she’s written. She has won awards and made a name for herself in the mystery genre, but she also wrote some police crime procedurals I’m dying to get my hands on. 
So dear reader, I want to revise my original rating of four stars to five and give her sequel five stars as well. Anyone that can keep me up all night turning pages earns a five out of five stars. I look forward to reading more about her characters, Hannah McCabe and her partner, Mike Baxter. I’m patiently waiting for the next book. Until then, I’ll be reading her other books and learning more from this master writer. I suggest you do the same. She has a great style of writing and as a woman of color, and a writer, I plan on learning as much as I can from her and sharing with you, my readers.
From her book jacket: Frankie Y. bailey is a professor at the School of Criminal Justice, University at Albany/SUNY. She is not only a highly respected wrier of crime fiction, she is also recognized as the author of fascinating non-fiction titles that explore the intersections of crime, history, and popular culture. She is an Macavity Award winner and has been nominated for Edgar, Anthony, and Agatha awards. She is a past executive vice president of Mystery Writers of America and a past president of Sisters in Crime.  
More information can be found at:  


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.