Friday, October 2, 2015

The Road to My Anthony Nomination--Special Post by Dru Ann Love


  • Extremely excited and thrilled that my peers nominated dru’s book musing
  • Extremely nervous because what if I win
  • I’ll have to stand in front of an audience and talk
  • Boosted by friends
  • Nervous again
  • I’m up against Hank!
  • I’m up against Kate!
  • It was suggested that I write an acceptance speech
  • Wrote it and it is 2 minutes long
  • As the week becomes days, I’m excited yet nervous
  • I’m up against Hank!
  • I’m up against Kate!
  • I already know I have at least one vote – mine
  • I’m simply honored that I was nominated
  • My blog was nominated for an Anthony Award for Best Critical or Non-Fiction Work
 Thank you!



Dru Ann

Drusbookmusing.com

18 comments:

  1. Dru Ann,

    Your support of mystery writers is POWERFUL!

    As a new author, yours was one of the first voices that welcomed me to the cozy community. I will be forever grateful to you.

    Good luck at Bouchercon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be cheering you on from home, Dru Ann! You have way more than one vote. Enjoy yourself, and the very best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I'm with Ritter and Julie...I feel the same way they do. Go, Dru Ann!!! And thanks for all you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful support to all your authors. A bright spot on a sometimes long and lonely road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with Nancy. I feel like I know you despite not having ever seen you in person (at least not that I know).

      Delete
  5. What a great expression of what you're feeling. You're a worthy competitor, and we love you! I'll have your back no matter what happens, Dru Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you, Dru. You're my winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Dru! Wishing you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Dru! I'm looking forward to seeing you in person in Raleigh. Thank you for all you do for writers and for the partners in this blog. You rock, Dru!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a debut author who was honored to grace your blog - you deserve it for all your hard word and gracious support of the literary community! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for you. Fingers crossed that you win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so totally awesome, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy! It is an honor to be nominated and especially with the likes of Hank, Kate and the other nominees!

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.