Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Taking a Chance by Marilyn Meredith

With my latest Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery, I did something I'd only done once before--and this time with much more trepidation.

I sent Tempe and her husband to Morro Bay. Usually, the mystery Tempe has to solve is set in or around Bear Creek--a fictitious mountain community. Though it has a strong resemblance to the area where I live, I can change things around the way that will work best for the story.

Morro Bay is one of my favorite places to visit. We go there often or other places nearby.

This photo of Morro Rock was taken by my daughter on our last visit to Morro Bay.


In Not as it Seems Tempe and her husband, Hutch, go to Morro Bay for her son's wedding. Because the maid of honor is murdered, Tempe ends up doing her own investigation which takes her to other nearby towns like San Luis Obispo, Pismo Beach and more.

Because I have many friends who live in this beautiful area, I consulted them about some of the details, checked the Internet for others, and relied on my own memory.

When the book came out, I couldn't help but worry that I might have gotten something wrong. So far the reviews have been great--and no one has mentioned any errors. I hope they aren't just being nice.

I'm writing the next Tempe now, and she's returned to Bear Creek and I can rest easier in my imagination.

Marilyn




1 comment:

  1. I certainly didn't mean to do two post for today--oh well, that's me--old--and I do odd things these days.

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.