Thursday, September 29, 2011

Moonlight and Magnolias



Tomorrow I'm headed to Atlanta to attend the Georgia Romance Writers of America Moonlight and Magnolias Conference. I'll be signing copies of my latest novel, The Boyfriend of the Month Club at the Literacy signing on Saturday from 4-5:30 pm, so if you live in the Atlanta area, please stop by! There's a whole slew of us who will be signing books, and profits go to Georgia literacy, so you'll be helping out a great cause.

Things I am most looking forward to:
Having breakfast with my editor and agent.
Workshops by fabulous authors, like Wendy Wax, Haywood Smith, Eloisa James, and Karen White, to name a few
Reconnecting with people I only see once a year or so
Quiet time in my own hotel room (where maybe I can actually finish the edits on my current manuscript--hey, a girl can dream, right?)

Things I am not looking forward to:
Driving in the Atlanta traffic
Washing clothes and trying to figure out what to pack
Kicking myself in the buttkiss because I wanted to lose 10 lbs before tomorrow and have failed miserably. Ah well. I must console myself with the fact that if I looked too fabulous, then no one would recognize me.

What about you? What do you enjoy/dislike most about writing conferences?

Maria Geraci writes contemporary romance and women's fiction. You can connect with her on website here.
The Boyfriend of the Month Club is immensely sexy, immensely satisfying and humorous.”
Portland Book Review

1 comment:

  1. Have a blast, Maria! I always get recharged after I'm around fellow bookaholics. Then I want to go home and write like a maniac!

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.