Monday, September 1, 2014

Visiting the Scene of the Crime

Last month I went home to Idaho for a few weeks. We visited family and spent some quality time sitting around a campfire making s'mores and talking about the old days with friends.

On our way home, we decided to take the scenic route back. Our first afternoon took us past the road to Sun Valley. The area is know for it's amazing skiing and celebrity visitors, but for me, it's the fictional home of an unpublished manuscript my agent has been shopping. I love the small town feel of the area and the easy access to outdoor activities, although I'm more of a cross-country skier than downhill.

We passed a gas station that used its small advertising area to proudly proclaim they carried the largest selection of grasshoppers in the area. You know you're in prime fishing country with that type of sign. :)

Great trip and lots of pictures to remind me why I love this story so much.

What's your favorite place to visit?

2 comments:

  1. Rocky Bar. My Mother lived there. My grandparents homestead on Fall Creek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty! I don't think I've ever been to Rocky Bar. We drove through the Henry's Fork area and fell in love. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.