Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Remember when I said...

by: Joelle Charbonneau

Ok, so remember a couple of weeks ago?  I said I didn’t use recipes when I cook.  Well, for the most part that is true.  Of course, I make exceptions to that rule when I bake because – well, baking is more of a science.  No recipe means flat cookies, dense cakes and not so tasty treats.  Does that mean I always follow the recipe to the letter of the law?  I confess that I tend to add a sprinkle of this and a dash of that just for kicks. 

Because I am so thankful for all of you, I am going to share one of my favorite recipes.  I promise it is easy to make and tastes amazing.  AND – it makes your house smell divine when it bakes.  If you haven’t decided on what dessert you’re going to have after the turkey on Thursday (besides pumpkin pie – because you have to have pumpkin pie) give this one a whirl.  You won’t be disappointed.

Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake
Crust:
1cup crushed graham crackers

3-4 TB butter

3 TB sugar

1 tsp cinnamon


Cheese mixture:

 2 packes of cream cheese - softened

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

2 eggs


Topping:

 4 large granny smith apples sliced thin

1/3 cup sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 cup halved pecans


Preheat oven to 350

Mix graham crackers, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Press mixture into a 9" spring pan. Bake for 10 minutes.

Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together. Add eggs one at a time - beat until creamy. Pour mixture on top of crust.

Toss apples, sugar and cinnamon together. Place on top of cheese mixture. Sprinkle pecans on top.

Bake for 70 minutes. Remove from oven and use a knife around the edge. Wait for the cake to cool before releasing the spring pan. Chill before serving. Enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.  I can’t tell you how thankful I am to be allowed to call the readers and writers of this blog my friends.  Have a blessed and happy holiday week.  Much love to each and every one of you.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, Joelle, this sounds really, really good!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle, this sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing! We are so grateful you are part of our merry little band of bloggers. All best wishes for a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Maggiexo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, that sounds absolutely yummy.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!! Thanks for the recipe, Joelle. And I'm with Maggie...we're so grateful you're part of the Gang. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw - thanks to you all for being so great. It really is an honor to be here amongst you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm . . . sounds very tasty, but what's it called? OR, can we each get all writer-ly and give it a title of our own!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Vicky - I totally meant to put a title on the recipe and must have deleted it while creating the post. Sigh. This is apple cinnamon cheesecake. And it is very tasty. I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, even the name of the dish sounds enticing! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.