Thursday, September 16, 2021

Interview with Stiletto Gang blogmate, Lynn McPherson

Interview with Stiletto Gang blogmate, Lynn McPherson

By Cathy Perkins

Let me introduce you to one of our newer blogmates, Lynn McPherson. For years, Lynn led an adventurous globe-trotting life (her adventures sound like so much fun!). Now she  channels her love of adventure and history into her writing, where she's free to go anywhere, anytime. Currently juggling family and an energetic puppy, she writes the Izzy Walsh Mystery Series.

I love the tag line for Lynn’s newest novel, The Girls Dressed For Murder:

When Izzy gets a killer dress for her birthday, she isn’t expecting to accessorize it with murder…


CATHY: What made you pick your particular mystery genre?

LYNN: I've loved cozy mysteries since I read my first one, Rita Mae Brown's classic Mrs. Murphy series. She had me at the title, Whisker of Evil. When I started writing, it was the natural choice.

CATHY: Which came first: plot, character, or setting?

LYNN: Usually plot comes first for me. It won't be completely fleshed out until I have my characters and setting, but the inkling of an idea is what gets the ball rolling.  

CATHY: I’m seeing more novels set in the 1950s. What led you to choose this time period for your books?

LYNN: I'm a big fan of I Love Lucy. My books aim to provide the same sort of humor with the added element of a murder mystery. It's all about fun. 

CATHY: Do you ever hit the wall or find you’ve written yourself into a corner? How do you turn that around?

LYNN: I have most definitely written myself into a corner. Stumped, I usually skip ahead and write a scene I'm more confident about. I can always go back to where I left off once I've figured out what to do and how to fix it.

CATHY: The opportunity to go on a surprise vacation arises. You have 90 minutes to pack and get to the airport. Where will you go and what will you pack?

LYNN: I love Thailand and have been daydreaming of the many months I spent there, years ago. I always do carry-on so I won't bring much. Some basic toiletries, sun dresses, and flip flops are all I require!

CATHY: What do you read when you aren’t writing? Any favorite authors (or snacks/beverages) to go with it?

LYNN: My go-to favorites are Vicky Delany, Elizabeth J Duncan, and Vivien Chien. At the moment I'm reading Dial A for Aunties by Jesse Q. Sutanto. It's a hoot! When I'm reading I like to sip on tea--lemon ginger or green tea are normally brewing in the pot.

  Connect with Lynn here:

  Website: https://lynnmcpherson.net/

   Twitter: https://twitter.com/CozyMysteryLynn

   Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cozymysterylynn/?hl=en

 

An award-winning author of financial mysteries, Cathy Perkins writes twisting dark suspense and light amateur sleuth stories.  When not writing, she battles with the beavers over the pond height or heads out on another travel adventure. She lives in Washington with her husband, children, several dogs and the resident deer herd.  Visit her at http://cperkinswrites.com or on Facebook 

Sign up for her new release announcement newsletter in either place.

She's hard at work on Peril in the Pony Ring, the sequel to The Body in the Beaver Pond, releasing May 2021!) which was recently presented with the Killer Nashville's Claymore Award

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for interviewing me today, Cathy! I had a lot of fun and appreciate you taking the time to do so :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific interview Cathy and Lynn! Love your tagline. I'm surrounded by talented bloggers. How great that you're incorporating humor Lynn. We certainly need some escapism and laughs these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnell. I agree that we could all use a laugh these days so I hope my books can provide a giggle here or there. I'm pretty goofy so it seems to come naturally!

      Delete
  3. Lynn has a distinctively fun-loving voice in her mystery series. I'm also a Lucy fan, so maybe that's why I'm drawn to Lynn's writing. Highly recommend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saralyn--you are such a doll!! Thank you so much for saying such kind things about my books. I appreciate your support, it's wonderful.

      Delete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.