Wednesday, March 3, 2021

What Stiletto Gang Members Write ....

 

It’s time to get to know the Stiletto Gang Members better from a little game:  “I write ---"

Lois Winston - I currently write cozy/amateur sleuth mysteries. However, in the past I’ve also written romance, romantic suspense, chick lit, women’s fiction, a children’s chapter book, and a nonfiction book on writing.

Robin Hillyer-Miles - I write romance, magic realism, and whatever else pops in my head. I once wrote a scary short story that scared even myself.

Saralyn Richard – I write police procedurals, amateur sleuth, thriller, and a children's book.

Debra H. Goldstein – I write a cozy/amateur sleuth series about Sarah Blair who finds being in the kitchen more frightening than murder. I also write short stories and non-fictional essays.

Kathleen Kaska - I write both fiction (mysteries) and nonfiction. I have two different mystery series. The Sydney Lockhart series is set in the early 50s and is lighthearted and humorous. Each book takes place in a different historic hotel. The Kate Caraway Animals Rights series deals with animal rights issues. I have a mystery trivia series. The latest, The Sherlock Holmes Quiz Book, was released in November 2020. I also write blog posts and reviews for the New York Journey of Book Review. 

Dru Ann Love - The only thing I write are short musings of books that I read on my blog, dru’s book musings.

Kathryn Lane - I write international mystery and crime novels. My protagonist, Nikki Garcia, is a private investigator from Miami, Florida, that is often sent on assignment to Spanish speaking countries – Spain, Mexico, and Colombia – where she encounters fearsome antagonists.

Debra Sennefelder - I write two cozy mystery series. The first one is the Food Blogger Mystery series featuring food blogger Hope Early. The second one is the Resale Boutique Mystery series featuring out-of-work fashionista Kelly Quinn who inherited her granny’s consignment shop. Both women have returned to their hometowns and are finding that starting over in the place where you began is challenging yet they realize they wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. Though, finding dead bodies and being pulled into murder investigations wasn’t what they expected to be happen.

T.K. Thorne - Apparently, I can’t figure out what might pop out of the writing oven. So far—crime with a bit of magic; historical fiction set in ancient times; nonfiction civil rights, a science fiction YA (cooking) and maybe historical fantasy to follow.

Sparkle Abbey:

Mary Lee Ashford - I write mystery and specifically cozy mysteries. So nothing graphic on the page but a challenging puzzle to unravel. The Sugar & Spice mysteries are culinary-themed, but you probably got that from the titles - Game of Scones, Risky Biscuits, Quiche of Death, and feature two friends who have started a community cookbook business. The Sparkle Abbey books are also considered cozy but feature a pet therapist and a pet boutique owner. 

Anita Carter - As half of the Sparkle Abbey writing team, we write cozy mysteries. Right now, I’m personally working on a suspense story.

Barbara Kyle - Thrillers. Can’t help it. Even when I write historical novels that prominently feature a love story, they’re still always thrillers.

Shari Randall - I write mysteries with humor and heart set in beautiful New England.

Cathy Perkins - I've written dark suspense, but I'm currently writing lighter, amateur sleuth stories. The Holly Price mysteries revolve (romp) around a CPA living in eastern Washington. A new series featuring an event planner launches in May 2021.  

 

 

 

 

 

 .

Car

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this blog - so many approaches to writing mysteries and romance with twists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff, my friends. So glad I'm with the cool kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is a little like glimpsing into a closet full of gorgeous clothes--which one shall I try on first?

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.