Wednesday, June 2, 2021

If We Could Travel Anywhere - Clicking Our Heels

If We Could Travel Anywhere....... Clicking Our Heels

With the pandemic and travel easing, we wondered where each member of The Stiletto Gang would go once the world truly reopened:

Donnell Ann Bell - Before COVID-19 struck in 2020, my husband, myself, and our longtime friends, had planned a trip to Scotland to participate in a walking/hiking tour. Not only did we want to visit Scotland, we wanted to walk across Scotland in honor of my dear friend who had walked across the 200-mile trek years before. She passed away from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) several years ago. It seemed like the perfect opportunity to honor her as well as experience the trip of a lifetime.

Needless to say during COVID 19 and the awful 2020, my husband and I became hooked on a British mystery series called Loch Ness. The six-episode series featured—what else—Scotland. It’s a sign, I tell you.     

Lois Winston – I want to travel to California to see the three grandchildren I haven’t seen, other than on Facetime, in more than two years.

 

Robin Hillyer-Miles - My mother, husband, and I actually have a British Isles cruise planned for September 2021 and I am attending the Georgia Romance Writers Moonlight & Magnolia conference at the end of September, early October.

 

Dru Ann Love - First I want to visit my mom and the second, return to attending read/fan conventions. 

 

Saralyn Richard - I've promised a certain young lady a trip to NYC for the annual Westminster Kennel Club dog show.

 

Kathleen Kaska - Once the world reopens, I plan to travel back to my home state of Texas and visit my family and friends.

 

Debra Sennefelder - I wasn’t a big traveler before 2020 so I have no big travel plans. Though, I really want to go out to a restaurant without any type of restrictions. Yes, that’s my dream.

 

Kathryn Lane - Once the world reopens for travel, I will go to Hong Kong, the Greek isles, Istanbul, Miami, and Cuba since these are places where my protagonist, Nikki Garcia, will be sent to confront dangerous situations in the next couple of books.

 

Debra H. Goldstein – Because of vaccinations, we finally have been able to see our children and grandchildren. Although we want more trips like that, my secret pleasure would be a week in New York seeing Broadway shows (which means Broadway needs to safely reopen, too)

T.K. Thorne - Got a trip to Machu Picchu and Galapagos waiting and maybe Japan.  There are so many places I want to see that I’ve never been!  I also want to explore the countryside around me more, and I want to hug a lot of friends and family!

Anita Carter (1/2 of Sparkle Abbey) - Anywhere! I have wanderlust right now and I’m game for just about anything. The beach, a national park, the mountains. . . .Let’s go!

Barbara Kyle - A trip anywhere with my daughter and granddaughter. When my daughter suggested it recently, it made my day. So, yup, anywhere with those two.

Linda Rodriguez - I have a dear friend who just spent several years working herself half to death as the poet laureate of San Francisco and has just been set free. I was supposed to visit her, but I had a bad fall that kept me from traveling—and then the pandemic hit. I want to go out to see her.

Shari Randall - When the world reopens the first thing I'll do is hug my parents, my kids, and my friends, then I'd love to rent a motorhome and visit the national parks out west.

 

Mary Lee Ashford - First and foremost, family. I miss seeing family so much. And if there's any way that could include a beach...that would be awesome. 


Bethany Maines - Ireland!  I was planning a trip before COVID and now it's sort of indefinitely on hold and we need to see if we're going to be re-roofing the house instead.  Maybe we'll just forget everything and head to Hawaii for a week.


Gay YellenSo many places! Book conferences.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Amazing how much we long for personal contact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true! It's wonderful that we can see our family and friends again! And as Shari Randall said, to hug our loved ones again!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like we're on the same page :) Thanks Debra Goldstein for putting together!

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.