Monday, June 7, 2021

Behind The Scenes of This Writer's Life

 by Debra Sennefelder

 

On June 1st I made the decision to participate in a twenty day Instagram challenge that will run until the first day of summer. I thought it would be fun share some of the prompts with you they give a glimpse to this writer's writing life. :) I'll be sharing five of the prompts and my answers today.

Let's procrastinate. What do you know when you're wasting time?

I really try not to waste time. There's so much to do and I like to keep on schedule. But...there are times when I need a break so I'll read, I'll watch YouTube videos (fashion hauls, cleaning and monkeys) or I spend quality time with my little bestie, Connie.

I snapped the above photo of Connie while we were out on the patio. I was cleaning up and she was lounging. Typical! 😁

 


Beginnings.

I start my days with a workout and water. Having the workout done first thing sets me up for a good, productive day.

The prompt “Beginnings” can also be the opening line of a book. So, here’s the opening line of the next Food Blogger Mystery, THE CORPSE IN THE GAZEBO.

“Hope Early had her Explorer’s windows rolled down and the sunroof open so she could inhale the sweetness of spring blooms and feel the gentle breezes that rolled through swaying trees on her drive to Cleo Sloane’s house.”

 


 

 The view from where I write.

My home office windows look out to the stream that runs through our property and the bridge over it. In early spring the burst of daffodils make me smile.

 

 


My published works.

A couple of weeks ago, I turned in my tenth book. It's hard to believe since I signed my first contract, I've written nine more books and that I'm about to start number eleven. It's #dreamcometrue. Okay, there are some days when it's more challenging than others. This writing gig isn't always easy but anything worthwhile usually isn't. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

If there's a dream you want, go on and chase it. You never know what could happen.


 

You've been kidnapped. Which one of your characters will come to your rescue?

I'm so lucky to have so many resourceful, responsible and loyal characters who I know would come to my rescue in a heartbeat. This also means, I can't answer this question. I know who wouldn't come to my rescue - Elaine Whitcomb, Summer Blake and Ralph Blake. Oh, Maretta Kingston is kind of iffy so I wouldn't rely on her. 🤪

Now it's your turn. Which character from your favorite mystery series would you like to come to your rescue? If you're a writer, which of your characters will come to your rescue?

 


 

 

 

 Debra Sennefelder is the author of the Food Blogger Mystery series and the Resale Boutique Mystery series. She lives and writes in Connecticut. When she’s not writing, she enjoys baking, exercising and taking long walks with her Shih-Tzu, Connie. You can keep in touch with Debra through her website, on Facebook and Instagram.

5 comments:

  1. I love to see what writers can see outside from the spaces we write! And daffodils and a brook are beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun way of sharing a peek behind the scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love improv! Looks like your both productive and well-organized! Ten books. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post, and Connie is just plain adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the view - I know Sarah Blair won’t save me —- most of her disasters I, too, have experienced.

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.