Monday, January 6, 2020

New author on the block


 By Debra Sennefelder




Hello Stiletto Gang!

This is an awesome way to start the new year. I’m so thrilled to be a new member of the Stiletto Gang.

I’ve spent weeks trying to compose the perfect first blog post and I’ve come up empty. I finally realized I was putting way too much pressure on myself because the perfect blog post doesn’t exist. When I finally let go of what I thought I should do, I came up with an idea. Actually, it’s a freakin’ brilliant idea (yeah, I’m biased) and a reminder that I kind of know myself very well.

I love lists. I love seeing everything I need to do nicely organized vertically. There’s nothing more satisfying than having a list of tasks to complete and marking them off one by one. So, with this snippet of information I decided to write up a list of things you should know about me since we’ll be hanging out together once a month. It’s kind of like a little cheat sheet of who Debra Sennefelder is.

Ready?

This list isn’t in any particular order.

1 – I’m the author of two mystery series and my publisher is Kensington. I write the Food Blogger and the Resale Boutique mystery series.



2 – I have a book releasing tomorrow!!! (I’m really excited, can you tell?) SILENCED IN SEQUINS is the second book in the Resale Boutique mystery series.



3 – I’m a former food blogger.

4 – I have a writing newish companion  and she rides shotgun. Her name is Connie and she’s a six-month-old Shih-Tzu.



5 – I love to exercise. Yes, seriously. It helps me clear my head and allows for recipe testing of yummy treats for the Food Blogger books. I used to have over 100 DVDs. Now that's been paired down as I stream workouts more these days.



6 – I was born and raised in New York City, which leads into #7.

7 – I love New York pizza.

8 – I majored in my hobby – buying. Fashion Buying and Merchandising to be exact.

9 – I have naturally curly hair which means I’m always on the hunt for the perfect hair care product.

10 – I am a full-time author.

11 – I have two more books releasing this year. A novella in the Resale Boutique series and a full-length novel in the Food Blogger series.

12 – I love to cook and bake. My favorite thing to bake is anything chocolate.



13 – I am a struggling gardener. No green thumb here.

14 – I’m a print planner gal. I love my Filofax.

15 – My new favorite show this season is Evil. That show creeps me out and I love it.

16 – My favorite season is autumn. I’m definitely a pumpkin-spice-everything kind of gal.



17 – I marched in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade when I worked in their buying office. I was a dancing turkey. And it was the first year in over 40 years it snowed on Thanksgiving day. Yeah, fun times.

18 – I’m a detailed plotter when it comes to writing my books. 



19 – I love the Real Housewives shows. They were an influence when I wrote SILENCED IN SEQUINS.


20 – I believe the higher the heel, the closer to God.

So, there you have it. Twenty things about me. Now it’s your turn. That’s right. I’d love to meet you, so please say “hi” in the comments and/or share a factoid about yourself. Do we have anything in common? I’d love to know.

Before I wrap this post up, I want to thank the Stiletto Gang for the opportunity to join this amazing group of authors. I'd also like to mention that if you're interested in SILENCED IN SEQUINS you'll find more information about the book here.










Debra Sennefelder is the author of the Food Blogger Mystery series and the Resale Boutique Mystery series. She lives and writes in Connecticut. When she’s not writing, she enjoys baking, exercising and taking long walks with her Shih-Tzu, Connie. You can keep in touch with Debra through her website, on Facebook and Instagram.


5 comments:

  1. I have naturally curly hair too! And I'm going to need to check out Evil. And Happy (early) Release Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...so you know the struggles of curly hair. :) Evil is really creepy and I can't wait for the next season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome!Although anyone who thinks the higher the heels the closer to God is in another league, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the Curly Girl dilemma! I've been lucky to find a bunch or products that I love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much easier these days. When I was a teenager or in my early 20s...that was a phase of not liking my hair. Glad those days are over. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.