Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Shorties!

By Bethany Maines

This past year I have been focusing on my graphic design business and having a child (see adorable picture of Zoe below) and it’s been hard to give the time required to write a novel.  
Not that I’ve stopped writing or wanting to write, but the amount of hours I have available is not what it once was. Since I had shorter hours I decided to shift to shorter projects and I’ve spent the past year working on short stories. This has been both hard and rewarding. Hard in that I’ve always worked in long format and short stories are structured differently than novels. Short stories have made me practice new skills and work in new ways and it has been extremely rewarding to see these new skills bear fruit.

But as my life (and daughter) settle back into a routine, I’m looking forward to returning to the novel structure.  In fact, I have plans for a third Carrie Mae Mystery, High-Caliber Concealer, and an as yet to be named mystery set in the San Juan islands.  I can’t wait to share these new adventures with you, but today I’m releasing the last of my pre-daughter short stories - Power of Attorney a Carrie MaeMini-Mystery - is now available!  I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.