Monday, January 20, 2014

New Years Resolutions - Or Not -Part II

Hi Gang,

It's been twenty days since the New Year started.  Have you kept to your goals? Are they flexible enough to adjust when things go south? Or when your load gets heavier?


Last post, I talked about my health goals. I lose weight VERY slowly. So who knows where I am today. But even if I've fallen, I will get back up because I know I can lose weight with this same program. Eat more fruits and veggies, cut back on calories, and work out more.

Another set of goals I made was around taking more time for myself. I'm the queen of busy. If I can fit in one more blog, or one more chore, that's one less that I have to do tomorrow. One more lap. Just a little faster. The problem is I can burn out easily if I forget to fill the well.

Around the holiday's, I took some time off and spent it reading, watching movies, and spending time with my family.  During that respite, I decided one day a week I'd take time off for me. No word count, no editing pages, just re-creation time.

We'll see how that works.

I'm hoping to carve out more time for baking, quilting, crochet, and, yes, of course, reading. During my vacation I read Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. Loved this character study in the life of an alcoholic. Well, an alcoholic with an ability to talk to spirits, and other cool psychic tools. Great book.



What would you do with a free day once a week? What's stopping you?

Lynn

4 comments:

  1. Guilt stops me. Even when I end up "not writing," I feel guilt.

    I think your idea of giving yourself a day is fantastic!

    If I did that, I'd read...and bake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I baked cookies a few weeks ago for the first time in YEARS. It was fun. Thanks for stopping in, Laura.

      Delete
  2. Already had back-to-back deadlines looming with the new year, so my calendar and I have become the "bestest of friends." Every time I write down a daily goal completion I feel a little stress roll off my shoulders. It's better than a gold star :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Ritter! I use my white board but realized last night, I hadn't put the edits I was working even on the board. So no way to check them off. I will correct that this evening.

      Delete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.