Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What I Like and Don't Like

Because I'll be off visiting my daughters in southern California when this blog comes out I decided to follow what my blog mates have been doing and write a list of things about me, namely what I do and don't like.

I don't like TV and radio commentators and reporters from either party who are mean. Being mean is NOT reporting the news nor is it going to change how anyone thinks.

I don't like people who presume I believe the same way as they do just because I don't blast my beliefs all over the place.

I don't like movies that are full of naked people, sex that doesn't do anything for the story, and coarse language that's only there for the shock appeal. (I know what people look like without their clothes and most look best covered up, after being married for 57 years I know all about sex and don't need lessons, and I'm offended by the use of bad language when it isn't necessary.)

I dislike negative people and avoid them--if I can't, I think of ways to put them in my next book.

What I do like is a good mystery--one that entertains me and keeps me guessing to the end.

I also like to eat a good meal whether I cooked it or someone else did.

I love being around my family and friends. Nothing more delightful than seeing how the kids are maturing and learning what everyone is doing.

I love being around my church family who I know I can count on for prayer when I need it.

I love good movies: funny movies, scary movies, romantic movies, exciting movies.

I like Facebook despite its addicting qualities.

I love writing mysteries, I love my characters who seem real to me, and I enjoy meeting people who have read my books.

I like more things than I dislike and I tend to avoid the things that I dislike. Life is too short to waste time on things you don't like.

Now you know more about me than you probably ever wanted to know, but my blog is done and I can go off and have fun with my daughters.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.