Monday, February 10, 2014

Odds and Ends


by Rhonda - the Southern Half of Evelyn David

Let's catch up.

Amazing that it's already February. Time is just rushing by for me. The past twelve months have been so busy at both my day job, my writing job, and my home life. I'm having a little trouble keeping up.  

In Oklahoma it's been cold, cold, cold. Single digits temperatures and multiple snow events. You'd think the outside weather would inspire me to do some serious writing, but instead I just want to curl up with a blanket, a cup of hot tea, and a good book. At heart I'm a reader first, writer second. I'm very late to the party, but I just read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I enjoyed it very much and I've purchased the sequel Dragonfly in Amber, but have not had a chance to start it. 

While my favorite tv shows (Major Crimes and The Black List) are either on hiatus or done for the season, I've become a big fan of Netflix and my Roku. I've finished several British series – Waking the Dead, Calling the Midwife, The Bletchley Circle, Island at War and a rewatch of Foyle's War. I'm working on MI-5. I think there are about 80 episodes of that series, so it will take me awhile. Looking forward to new episodes of House of Cards, produced in house by Netflix. 

Anyone watching the Winter Olympics? I'm planning to watch the ice skating and maybe some of the snowboarding events. Have to admit that I'm not as invested in watching as I was twenty years ago. Maybe I just kept up with the athletes more. My co-author's son, sports reporter Sam Borden, is in Russia covering the events. His blog about his adventure is very engaging. He's almost as good a writer as his mother. I recommend you check it out.  

On the home front this past year there have been roof repairs, new hot water heater, new washing machine and a few other things I've put off doing/replacing. If I don't get a new mattress soon, I'm going to permanently cripple myself. Speaking of which, there is good news – not on the new mattress quest but on the maiming myself point. Thursday night I thought I broke my little toe on my left foot again, stubbed it against the corner of a dresser, but now I think it's just a bad bruise or sprain??? Any way my painful limp has made way to cautious but mostly pain-free walking now.  

I did accomplish something this month. My 93-year-young aunt has written a book about her life growing up in the 1930s rural Indiana. I've formatted and published it for her. It's her first book! It's available in both Kindle and trade paperback formats -The Laughing and the Weeping by Bettie B. Dossett. Her delight in the physical act of holding the trade paperback version reminded me of how I felt when Evelyn David's first book, Murder Off the Books was published. There is a certain special joy that is indescribable.  

The collective "Evelyn David" has been occupied getting our Brianna Sullivan Mysteries published in audiobook format. The first four are available now at Audible (through Amazon) and iTunes. Our wonderful narrator, Wendy Tremont King, has provided a delightful voice to psychic Brianna Sullivan. The fifth book, A Haunting in Lottawatah, will be out as an audiobook in the next month or two. Can't wait for that one! Should work out really well in audio format.

Speaking of ebooks - I heard a news report about that 25% of readers now have access to ereaders or tablets. Amazing! Also there is something new coming - sound tracks for ebooks. Not someone reading the book for you, but a sound track! Music, sound effects, etc. Not sure if I'm ready for that. Although for our haunted house book - creaking stairs, rattling chains....

--------------------
Brianna Sullivan Mysteries - e-book series
I Try Not to Drive Past Cemeteries- Kindle - Nook - Smashwords
The Dog Days of Summer in Lottawatah- Kindle - Nook - Smashwords
The Holiday Spirit(s) of Lottawatah- Kindle - Nook - Smashwords
Undying Love in Lottawatah- Kindle - Nook - Smashwords
A Haunting in Lottawatah - Kindle - Nook - Smashwords
Lottawatah Twister - Kindle - Nook - Smashwords
Missing in Lottawatah - Kindle - Nook - Smashwords
Good Grief in Lottawatah - Kindle - Nook - Smashwords
Summer Lightning in Lottawatah - Kindle - Nook - Smashwords
Lottawatah Fireworks - Kindle - Nook - Smashwords


AUDIOBOOKS
I TRY NOT TO DRIVE PAST CEMETERIES

THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER IN LOTTAWATAH

THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT(S) OF LOTTAWATAH

UNDYING LOVE IN LOTTAWATAH

The Ghosts of Lottawatah - trade paperback collection of the Brianna e-books
Book 1 - I Try Not to Drive Past Cemeteries (includes the first four Brianna e-books)
Book 2 - A Haunting in Lottawatah (includes the 5th, 6th, and 7th Brianna e-books)
Book 3 - Lottawatah Fireworks (includes the 8th, 9th, and 10th Brianna e-books)


Sullivan Investigations Mystery series
Murder Off the Books Kindle - Nook - Trade Paperback
Murder Takes the Cake Kindle - Nook - Trade Paperback 
Murder Doubles Back Kindle - NookTrade Paperback
Riley Come Home (short story)- Kindle - Nook - Smashwords
Moonlighting at the Mall (short story) - Kindle - Nook - Smashwords

Romances
Love Lessons - Kindle - Nook - Smashwords

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.