Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It's Alllllivvvvvve!!

by Bethany Maines

It’s here! It’s here!  Tales From the City of Destiny is finally available for purchase!  After what seems like months of writing, proofing, and review it actually exists as a really, real book. Does this feeling ever get old?  I don’t think so. Last year, this project was just an idea, barely an idea even, and here it is as a physical object that anyone can hold.

As a graphic designer I marvel at this phenomenon every time something I’ve dreamed up comes off the press. From invitations to signs everything looks slightly different in real life than when I began the creation process. Some things look better, some things are disappointing and some things are neither bad or good ­– just different. And while every single time it’s still cool that something I dreamed up is now a real physical object, the dissonance between idea and reality no longer surprises me.

Except when it comes to my books.  Somehow the process of turning a word document that barely contains my invisible friends into an actual book is… amazing. And I hope all of you will purchase your own copy and enjoy reading about my invisible friends as much as I have enjoyed writing about them.



Bethany Maines is the author of the Carrie Mae Mystery series and Tales from the City of Destiny. You can also view the Carrie Mae youtube video or catch up with her on Twitter and Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.