It's my anniversary today. 20 years. Yowza!
My mother is a forever fan of my husband because he convinced me (read: ultimatum) to stop smoking (I was a high school/college Virginia Slims smoker...bad girl!).
My father is a forever fan of my husband because he sees a bit of himself in my man... namely the ambition and determination it took to rise out of poverty, become educated, and pursue his dreams.
I'm a forever fan of my man because of his utmost devotion to our kids, our family, and me! He's a great guy. His support throughout my writing career--through rejections, submissions, revisions, and everything in between-- has been the thing that has kept me going.
He's the wind beneath my wings. (Hehehehe! Not sure he'd like that phrasing, but, oh well. One thing he doesn't do is read my thousand blogs!)
So, as the new year approaches and I:
- conjure up resolutions (most of which I likely won't keep)
- gear up for a new teaching session at SMU
- write lectures for the Building a Mystery course I'm teaching beginning Jan 24th with Savvy Authors
- plan the launch of yet another website (The Writer's Guide to E-Publishing, launching January 1st, but open for your reading pleasure now!)
- work hard on revisions for Pleating for Mercy (which I just saw is available for pre-order on Amazon!!!)
- plot and begin writing Shear Misery
- and plan The Storiebook Cafe Mystery Series...
...Weaving tales of mystery and mayhem, and writing them down to share with the world (or with whoever actually reads them).
As 2010 comes to a close, what are you most grateful for, and what are you looking forward to in 2011?