Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

Going to movies is one of my guilty pleasures--guilty because of the money it costs to go to the show nowadays and the fact that we usually end up eating out either before or after. The last movie we saw was Knowing which hubby and I thoroughly enjoyed. People are calling it sci-fi, but it really is religious with multiple subtle clues throughout.

Another of my guilty pleasures is reality TV shows. I'm delighted that Dancing With the Stars is back on. My daughter-in-law and I watch together. We've sucked hubby into watching it too. I also love Survivor and have watched it faithfully since it's inception. My eldest daughter and I discuss it along with the Amazing Race via e-mail after each episode. (Yes, I also like Celebrity Apprentice, but I'm usually asleep before the firing.)

My biggest confession is my husband and I watch General Hospital together in the afternoon. (If we miss it we watch the episode on the computer.) Frankly, sometimes we both go to sleep when it's on. It's amazing to me the things they do with the plot that an author could never get away with. I also have a good friend who is a General Hospital fan and hubby and I have been invited to her home for tea and to watch an episode,

I have other TV shows I really like--Medium and The Mentalist are wonderful. By the time evening comes around, my brain is too tired to tackle any writing chores and a little mindless entertainment seems just right.

Oh, and I like McDonald's vanilla flavored iced coffee too. (Fortunately we're 17 miles away from the nearest McDonald's.)

Now, I've confessed--what are your guilty pleasures?

Marilyn a.k.a. F. M. Meredith
http://fictionforyou.com

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Dancing with the Stars!! I also love to watch The Barefoot Contessa (cooking show).

    Great blog -
    Marian aka Evelyn David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Dancing with the Stars too. Never miss Medium or NCIS or The Closer. The Mentalist is good too.

    My best guilty pleasure? Hot chocolate pudding.

    Rhonda
    aka the Southern Half of Evelyn David

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.