Thursday, May 22, 2008

Omaha Bound

No airplanes for me this year. I'm driving to Omaha, Nebraska. Mayhem in the Midlands breaks out tomorrow as mystery writers and fans from all over converge in the land of wonderful steaks and Cornhusker Football. Mayhem in the Midlands is being held at the Downtown/Old Market Embassy Suites, 555 S. 10th Street, in Omaha, during May 22-25, 2008. Check out the Mayhem website for more details and the full schedule.

This will be my second year to attend. By the time you're reading this I hope to be at least a hundred miles closer to the conference. Hopefully I've remembered to put in the Evelyn David Auction Basket for the event. I've never put a gift basket together before. I purchased three different wicker baskets before settling on one that was the easiest to pack with Murder Off the Books promotional items, an autographed copy of the book, two Murder Off the Books t-shirts, and a garden gnome! (Those who've read the book will understand the significance of the gnome.)

Evelyn David will be appearing on two panels at Mayhem: Friday 3:00 pm - "Casting Call: Creating Real Characters;" Saturday 1:30 pm – "Pet Peeves: Killing Animals vs. Killing People in Mysteries"

Murder Off the Books will be available for sale at the conference. I'd be happy to autograph a copy for you.

The Guest of Honor at Mayhem this year is Alex Kava. The Toastmaster of Honor is Jeff Abbott. An outstanding list of mystery authors are scheduled to attend including two of my favorites, Jan Burke and Charlaine Harris.

I'll be blogging throughout the conference. Check back for updates daily.

Evelyn David
http://www.omaha.lib.ne.us/mayhem/

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Alex Kava! I actually bought her first book because of her website. That doesn't happen often.

    And, then I heard her speak at Thrillerfest, and she was so much funnier than I expected. She was terrific. Enjoy Mayhem in the Midlands!

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.