By Laura Bradford
I'm not a TV watcher.
I suppose some of that is my dislike for sitting still for too long (I feel guilt over all the things I should be doing). And some is simply not wanting to get wrapped up in something that I then have to add to my already brimming to-do list.
That said, there are a few shows over the years that have captured my attention...
1) As a little girl, I was a huge Little House on the Prairie fan. I adored Michael Landon as Pa, and I wanted to be Melissa Gilbert.
2) In 7th and 8th grade, I was a huge General Hospital watcher (Ice Princess, anyone?). My friend, Diane, and I used to talk on the phone after each episode to rehash what happened.
3) In high school, I fell in love with Family Ties (or, more accurately, Michael J. Fox). :) I never missed a show.
5) I didn't really latch on to too much in the mid to late 90's, other than Barney. :)
6) I was an original (as in first show, first season) Survivor watcher when that came on the air (it is the only show I watch in real time--my treat). Last night's finale was great! ;)
7) Other than that, my husband and I watch a few shows on DVD. That way, when we have time, we watch an episode. We watched Breaking Bad that way (I hated that show), Dexter, and Castle.
8) I'm a little bit of an HGTV junkie as I'm drifting off to sleep (I have fellow author and former Stiletto Gang member, Maggie Barbieri to thank for this). My favorite is Fixer Upper (I love Chip!).
And that's it. As you can see, that's not a lot, especially when the first 5 of the 8 numbers were pre-2000.
So what are some of your favorites? What am I missing?