Monday, January 5, 2015

Recreation - or Re-create?

Yesterday I hit send on an email to my editor with my fifth Tourist Trap book. I sweated the deadline on this puppy as I had hip replacement surgery mid November. Coming into December, I had about 15,000 words done out of 72000 I ended up with to finish.

 I worried about finishing.

I worried that even if I finished, would the story come together. 

I worried I couldn't write on my laptop in my living room.

But it came together. I love the story and the role one of my characters, Aunt Jackie is taking on. I love watching the characters come alive and the little whispers I get when I read an interaction. Like seeing a couple notice each other and start to fall in love.

My next book I'm doing really bad things to a really nice person. And frankly, I can't wait to get started. (insert evil laugh here.)

South Cove is becoming more and more real to me as I write each book.

Today I started a long overdue novella to finish off The Council series. Then I'll be back in South Cove, causing havoc with my character's lives. 

But right now, I'm taking a mini break and relaxing. Time to heat up some apple cider and eat junk food because I finished a book.

Again.

Lynn

Do you love series? If you haven't started The Tourist Trap Mysteries, Guidebook to Murder is on sale for $1.99 Check out the book that hit the NYT's list this summer.

Buy here - Kindle or Nook

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy cozy mystery series. I like watching the characters develop, change and grow. When written well I feel as if I know them...like your Tourist Trap series does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen... I swear, I'll be reading over something and realize, whoa, this is going to happen... or this character is changing in this way... they always surprise me. :)

      Delete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.