Thursday, December 12, 2013

My Ten Books

by Maria Geraci

Ack! I hate to be a  copycat, but when I went to post this blog I saw that Bethany had done a similar post yesterday. Yet... I think this is one post that can be repeated. After all, we are writers and writers love nothing more than to read. So here I go.

You know all those annoying Facebook versions of chain letters? Where you get tagged by a friend and you're supposed to respond in some sort of fashion and tag others? I generally ignore that kind of thing mainly because it's too time consuming and eats into my precious writing time. But this was a request I couldn't ignore.

Rules: in your status post 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don't take more than a few minutes and don't think too hard. They don't have to be the "right" books or "great" books, just ones that have touched you. Tag friends and family and tag me so I can see your list!

Okay, this one I can work with.

Here goes (in no particular order):

1. Pride and Prejudice
2. Little Women
3. Persuasion
4. The Stand
5. The Help
6. Frederica
7. These Old Shades
8. The Fault in our Stars
9. Anna and the French Kiss
10. The Count of Monte Cristo

Well, I can see a pattern. Sort of. I think it means I love romance (didn't need to do a list to figure that one out) and that Georgette Heyer was (and still is) a huge influence on romance writers. As for Stephen King's The Stand? Well, chalk that one up to great writing.

Take a second and make out your own list. It's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.