Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Malice Magic!

 By Lynn McPherson

Malice Domestic 2022.

What a fabulous event! It was the first time I've been away since 2019. I was nervous and excited all at once. It blew away all my expectations. Walking through the hallway and all around the hotel, I saw author after author I admired. Maureen Jennings, Louise Penny, Sherry Harris, Rhys Bowen, and Lori Rader-Day, just to name a few. The panels were well-organized and entertaining, nevermind informative and fun. Dru Ann Love moderated one of my favorite panels on how to keep a series fresh, with great advice from panelists Edith Maxwell, Amanda Flower, Cheryl Hollon, SC Perkins, and Barbara Ross. It was fabulous. Attending an interview with Rhys Bowen by Louise Penny felt like a dream come true. I also got to meet the head of the Blue Ridge Literary Agency, Dawn Dowdle. Dawn was warm and welcoming. Each night I had the privilege of dining with fellow authors at the BRLA table.

Will I be back next year? Definitely? Would I recommend it to anyone interested in mystery? You bet!

Here are a few photos of my time away...

Getting ready to leave Toronto!



Lynn McPherson has worked for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, ran a small business, and taught English across the globe. She has travelled the world solo where her daring spirit has led her to jump out of airplanes, dive with sharks, and learn she would never master a surfboard. She now channels her lifelong love of adventure and history into her writing,
where she is free to go anywhere, anytime. Her cozy series has three books out: 
The Girls' Weekend Murder and The Girls Whispered Murder, and The Girls Dressed For Murder.  


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a magical experience. I've never been to Malice. These posts are making me put it on my author bucket list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well worth the trip, Donnell. It was so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had such a good time. Malice is one of my favorite conferences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fin, Lynn. Sorry to have missed it, but I'm planning on it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's super. It's a great conference! Thanks for your note!

      Delete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.