Monday, August 3, 2020

My Favorite Corn Muffin Recipe

By Debra Sennefelder

As I'm writing this post, I am in the second draft of the fifth Food Blogger mystery manuscript. It's during this phase of the writing process that I make the final decision on which recipes will be included with the book. This means, my mind is thinking about food. A lot. Which means, I'm struggling not to be distracted because I want to get into the kitchen and whip up something. But I have to be a good writer and stay BICHOK (butt in chair, hands on keyboard).

Well, I managed to sneak out of the study. :)

I had a craving for a muffin and since it's summer, I baked a batch of corn muffins. I know, corn muffins are seasonless but there's something about these muffins that makes me think of summer. A Longenberger basket, overflowing with muffins, set out on the patio table with sweet butter or strawberry preserves is how I love to start a morning. Especially a Sunday morning. Now writing this, it seems like my corn muffins have a lot of rules around them. Oh, well.

I thought today I'd share my recipe with you. It's easy and they are tasty. So I hope you enjoy if you decide to bake your own batch. 

Since I've shared what is one of my favorite muffins, I'm curious to know what yours is.


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup sugar

3/4 cornmeal

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1 cup low-fat milk

1/2 cup salted butter, melted

Nonstick cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.

Combine the eggs and milk and mix lightly.

Pour the melted butter and milk mixture into the dry ingredients at the same time and mix until just blended.

Spray a 12-cup pan with cooking spray and evenly distribute the batter among the cups.

Bake until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.

Let cool, then serve.

Enjoy!



Debra Sennefelder is the author of the Food Blogger Mystery series and the Resale Boutique Mystery series. She lives and writes in Connecticut. When she’s not writing, she enjoys baking, exercising and taking long walks with her Shih-Tzu, Connie. You can keep in touch with Debra through her website, on Facebook and Instagram.

3 comments:

  1. Corn muffins are delicious! When he retired, my husband took over the kitchen, so I'm not cooking much anymore, but I do love to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gay, Sounds like you have a great arrangement going on. :) Have a nice day.

      Delete
  2. I love warm muffins with butter and I've never met a muffin I didn't like. If I had to choose a favorite though I'd go with blueberry muffins.

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.