Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Already, Goodness!

Who besides me is having trouble with how fast time flies?

Seems like it was just the beginning of January and everyone was talking about their New Year's Resolutions--now it's time to gear up for income taxes. Eeeek!

The older I get, the faster the days go by. I'm an early riser, so I do get started early. But I've found that checking my email, answering it, doing things that I have to do that comes in the email, and taking a peek at Facebook, making sure I've promoted whatever is on my own blog for the day http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com and whatever household chores really must be taken care of, half the day is gone.

I sure don't remember the time disappearing like that back when I was raising five kids, working half day, and going to college in the evenings. Somehow I managed to grocery shop, cook, clean, do the laundry, and homework.

I'm working on a new book and though I have plenty of ideas I'm finding it difficult to find the time to actually write.

Oh, I know what you're going to say, write first, then do all the other stuff. I know that's what I should do, but what if there's something really important in my email?

This month will go by even faster because it's shorter than all the rest.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

4 comments:

  1. Marilyn, I feel like time is just whizzing by, too! Oh, I check my emails before I start writing. I couldn't begin the day without doing that! And reading my favorite blogs (like this one, the Girlfriends Book Club, PubRants, GalleyCat). Hey, our brains need a little time off now and then, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, I'm with you, sister! I get to my desk by 7:45 but don't really get down to business until I check all email, talk to a friend or two, and clean up my office (which needs daily cleaning!). I try not to focus on how fast time is going but having a daughter heading to college in a eighteen months makes me wonder where it all has gone. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilyn, I'm with you! I have no idea how I held down a job and had a life all at the same time but I managed to do it all and more. I have a feeling I would have written a lot more and a lot faster back then too.

    These days I'd like to think I could sit down and write before I read e-mail, check FB, and skim the blogs. But I can't. Tried it. Didn't like it. Distracted by the call. So I do my 'stuff' in the morning and am a happy (haha) afternoon, early evening writer.

    February? Can I have another week before we do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the older we get the shorter each day, hour and minute becomes.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.