Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Clicking Our Heels - Spring and Our Favorite Flowers

Clicking Our Heels – Spring and Our Favorite Flowers

Spring is here. With snow gone and flowers blooming, the Stiletto Gang wanted to share our favorite flowers with you.
Linda Rodriguez: Dogwood and redbud tree blossoms always mean spring to me because in northeast Oklahoma, they show up all over the wooded sides of the hills outside of Tahlequah and throughout the town itself as the heralds of spring.
Debra H. Goldstein: Yellow roses. They represent optimism, friendship, health, and joy and for me, pure happiness.

J.M. Phillippe: I am not great at knowing when things bloom as I grew up in Los Angeles. But Jasmine, particularly night blooming jasmine, has always been my favorite flower, probably followed by honeysuckle. Both grew in abundance in California, and often I would smell the jasmine before I could find it. I wish I could get it to grow in New York.

Shari Randall: Lilacs are my favorites. We had a huge old lilac in my family’s backyard, and my friends and I would climb inside to a tiny, hidden hollow space for our secret club meetings. The scent is lovely and brings back so many good memories.

Juliana Aragon Fatula: My favorite flower in spring: tulips, pink tulips.  My father picked them from the mansion he worked as the gardener and brought them home to me, my mom, and sisters all born in April. Poor man surrounded by all those fiery Aries.

Judy Penz Sheluk: Purple lilacs. Love the fragrance, but mostly, lilacs say “spring is here” after a long, Canadian winter.

Kay Kendall: I live in a part of the country (Houston, TX) where the flowering azalea bushes herald spring. Many homes are surrounded by mounds of these brightly colored plants, and I just love the effect. I also love the lush flower of a peony, but that grows on a bush as well.

T.K. Thorne: Always loved pansies. I like intense colors and pansies do this well without putting on airs.

Bethany Maines: Daffodil. It was the first flower I learned to draw and it still makes me happy every time I see one. For no good reason, they always feel like my flower.

A.B. Plum: I’m a rose lover and write about them in nearly every book I write. In The Dispensable Wife, AnneSophia plants over 200 bushes. Her husband thinks no Romanov wife should “play in the dirt.” Well, we’re all entitled to opinions.

Sparkle Abbey:
Mary Lee Woods:  My favorite flower is the jonquil as it’s an early flower and it means that spring is just around the corner. I love their bright yellow color and, because I’m not much of a gardener, I also love how easy they are to grow. They come back year after year.
Anita Carter: I love hydrangeas. I’m fascinated that their color is determined by the soils ph balance. My favorite color is blue. Every year when I see them, my husband has to talk me out of buying one, thus saving an innocent plant life!





No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.