Friday, September 20, 2013

Your Dream Room

By Laura Bradford

Fellow Stiletto Gang blogger, Maggie, and I are attending Bouchercon 2013 in Albany, NY at the moment. I'd hoped to have a picture or two from the conference to share with you today, but I haven't taken any yet...

So, while trying to figure out what to write, I quickly landed on the channel that Maggie always has on whenever we room together at mystery conventions. The first time she put on HGTV, I had little interest. But before that first conference ended, I was hooked.

I absolutely adore watching people look for homes, seeing the delight on the faces of those who come home to find their home has been remodeled, etc.  Sometimes, I imagine my own house getting a surprise makeover, or being on the hunt for a new place. The possibilities are fun to think about, you know?

So I thought it might be fun to pose the following question to all of you...

If you could add a room onto your existing home/apartment, what kind of room would you want it to be? Tell us how it would look--the must-have features, the decorations, etc.

Me? I'd have my own writing room...with a fireplace...and built in bookshelves...French doors that open to a balcony (if it could overlook the ocean, even better...if not, one that opens to a pretty patio like the one pictured here would work). I'd have a beautiful desk, cozy desk chair, and an overstuffed lounge type chair over by the fireplace for reading.

Nice, huh?

Your turn.

~Laura

1 comment:

  1. Bouchercons are so much fun. Anxious to hear more. I've decided not to go to the ones that are faraway anymore--too old for the flying and I'd never made it with all the walking. Love hearing about them though.

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.