Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I am the world's worst blogger

by: Joelle Charbonneau

Is it Tuesday?  Which Tuesday is it?  Yikes!  I forgot that I was supposed to blog today.

Sorry!  I guess this confirms what I have always believed.  That I am the WORLD'S WORST BLOGGER.

I am.  I mean, part of that is probably to be expected.  Despite my understanding of when my deadlines are for my publishers, there are a lot of days where I am not technically certain what day I'm on.  Take yesterday for example.  Yes, I knew somewhere in the back of my brain it was Monday.  After all, I had just gotten home from Bouchercon on Sunday.  So, it would only make sense that yesterday was Monday.  And yet, all day I thought I was on Tuesday.

Why?

It was just one thing that set my brain reeling.  The lawn guys.

What lawn guys you ask?

Well, the ones that come and make sure my lawn doesn't look like a sore thumb next to my neighbors.  Every day this summer they came on Tuesday.  They're scheduled to come every Tuesday and make sure the bushes are trimmed, the grass doesn't grow tall enough to hide snakes and other small critters and the flower beds are edged.  They come on Tuesday like clockwork.  Except for this week when they came yesterday.

That's all it took.  One little thing that I knew was strange and unusual and yet made my brain fast forward to Tuesday.

Am I the only one that does that?  Do you think you are on one day while the rest of the world is marching along to another?  Or is it just me?

And let's hope next week this doesn't happen.  Tuesday is the pub date for the forth and final (for now) Rebecca Robbins novel.  So, if you remember what day it is and I don't please let me know.  I'd hate to miss it!

3 comments:

  1. Joelle, your post made me laugh! I completely sympathize. How dare the lawn guys come on Monday? Don't they know they are vitally important to your life's internal calendar? Sometimes I feel like the only thing that's keeping me coming completely off the tracks are the reminders I set on my google calendar. Although, I have to admit that today's important reminders are that Agents of SHIELD and Person of Interest are premiering tonight. Good luck with the new Skating novel! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Joelle, I had to laugh as I read this. Just got home in the wee hours from grueling road trip to and from NYC for the Brooklyn Book Festival and other events. I'm sitting here half-asleep waiting for husband and son to get back from airport rental car return so we can get breakfast, and I'm not really sure what day I'm actually on myself.

    Best of luck with the new Rebecca novel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wherever you are, I'm right there with you, Joelle. I live in the land of "out next month" or "out next March." Comfort yourself with the knowledge that I am pretty sure there is one worse blogger than you. Got a new blog page, so will soon have concrete proof. Good luck with the novel!

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.