Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sneak Peek of My New Cover

This is the cover for my next Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery, Bears With Us, due out mid August.

When I was asked by the cover artist what I wanted on the cover, I said a stylized Native American looking bear. Did I have a picture in my mind? No, but this particular artist has done all my covers and she has always been able to come up with something that fits the story and looks like a Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery.

I was on vacation when the publisher sent me a picture of the cover--I was and am ecstatic. She definitely nailed it.

In this particular book, the mountain community of Bear Creek is plagued by bears. Though there is a fish and game warden, he can't be every place at once and Tempe finds herself having to chase bears out of people's homes. Of course there's plenty more to keep her busy, but for awhile the bears are her biggest problem.

I've been fortunate with all my covers lately. Both publishers have artists who really aim for giving a hint of the book and trying to interpret the author's vision.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.