Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Power of Civil Discourse

Much of the time I am supposed to be working, I'm surfing the Net for interesting story ideas, shopping, or just wasting time. During yesterday's surf, I found this link on a web site and was so struck by this young's man poise, as well as his bravery, that I had to post it here. I hope you are as impressed by how eloquently this 14-year-old young man states his case, in which he defends the actions of a suspended teacher who disciplined an anti-gay student. I think people on "both sides of the aisle" could learn a thing or two about civil discourse and its power to persuade.

(Between posting this blog and today, YouTube removed the video over a copyright issue.) Here's a link to Gawker where you can view the video, http://tv.gawker.com/5689407/openly-gay-student-defends-teacher-at-school-board-meeting
Maggie Barbieri

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.