Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oh My, Election Day

I hope everyone is planning to vote and that this will be the end to all the ads and phone calls.

I always vote absentee ballot and did so much earlier. I can't stand the way the politicians act no matter the party. My gut feeling is that politics corrupts. The nicest person with only the best motives for being in office will eventually be corrupted by the system. It worked a lot better back when being a politician was a volunteer job and people did it because they truly wanted to help run the country the best way possible.

Oh, well, we can't turn back the clock.

I won't talk politics to hardly anyone. I don't like to see the stuff on Facebook about politics. I don't like being called stupid because I don't belong to the same party as the one saying I am.

One of my publishers, who also has become my friend, and I have totally opposite views on politics and religion. Right from the start we agreed to never discuss either. Works well and we've remained friends because of this pledge.

Anyway, hopefully the worst will be over at the end of the day and we can get on with more pleasant things to talk about and things we can agree upon.

My wish to everyone is that you each will do what you can to make each day pleasant for yourself and others.

Marilyn

4 comments:

  1. I, too will be glad when this mud-slinging nonsense is over (at least for a while). Hubster and I plan to catch up on television in lieu of suffering through election results telecasts.

    Terry
    Terry's Place
    Romance with a Twist--of Mystery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be watching Dancing With the Stars--what will happen will happen. I've done my part.

    Thanks, Terry.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - and can't wait for the phone calls to stop - got another one this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn, I love your description of your friendship with your publisher. So great! (My mom and dad have to agree not to discuss politics, or they'd kill each other during election season!)

    Kathy, I got another one this morning, too! Grrr. I hate robo-calls and mud-slinging. Luckily, everyone was so nice at my polling place, it (almost) cancelled out all the bad stuff.

    --Susan McBride

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.