Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Looking Forward to 2010

I've been reading everyone's resolutions with interest--some have long, long lists filled with self-improvement ideas, other write about hoped for achievements in the coming year, even a few include what they'd like to see happen on a more global aspect.

Frankly, I don't write resolutions because to put them down on paper would mean I'd be overcome with guilt when I didn't do them. Instead, I'm just going to try to do what I know I need to do.

First, because I write two series, I know I must hunker down in front of the computer and get my imagination fired up and put myself inside the world of Deputy Tempe Crabtree and make sure she has some intriguing mystery to solve along with a great deal of adventure. (That's the book I'm working on now.)

My latest Rocky Bluff P.D. crime novel will be coming out sometime soon and I'll need to plan a book launch, a virtual book tour and all the other things I do to promote both books.

A little more exercise wouldn't hurt since I notice I've gotten a bit rounder after all the good holiday eating.

Spending time with my hubby and family is always a must--I don't need to write a resolution to do that.

As far as what's happening in the world, I know I don't have any control over that--frankly, I don't have any control over what happens in my family. I'll pray for them both, that's the best I can do.

For my fellow members of the Stiletto Gang and all those who read our blogs, I wish you the very best of 2010 and may all your dreams for the year come true.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

2 comments:

  1. Reading your post is a nice way to start off the day - I agree with you in your approach. There's so much we don't say when we write a post about our resolutions - there's so much more we hope for or value that isn't said. I think I wrote about the ones I did write about just to remind myself not to forget. The others are easy to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kathy. You read this before I saw the typo which I've now fixed. I suppose one of my resolutions should have been to check my posts more carefully. But frankly, I never see the mistakes until they've been published.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.