Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How Do You Get Everything Done?

That's a question I get asked all the time. The answer is, often I don't.

I make a lot of lists and cross things off when I get them done. Yesterday I planned to work on a book that has just been edited and take care of some of the edits. Instead, I read and answered email, filled out an interview someone sent me, received a great review for Dispel the Mist, the third.

Once I got that of course I had to copy it, put it on the page where I'm keeping those reviews and I had to let my Twitter friends and my Facebook friends know. Holding my breath about the reveiw that might not be so good. My publisher and I both sent the book out to a lot of reviewers.

Hubby brought in the mail and I had to pay a couple of bills and I went on line to cancel a membership to something we never used--should have done that long ago.

Remembered that I should add to my newsletter about my talk at the library (not many showed up but someone I only met on Twitter and his wife traveled 1 1/2 hours just to meet me. Don't tell me Twitter promo doesn't work. Then, of course, my launch Sunday at Kirby Farms in Springville had to be mentioned--that one went super well, lots more people and books sold and the cookies were delicious.)

And that's more or less the way it went all day. I did get a little done, I'm looking for the word was and trying to turn the sentence around in order to eliminate it--works sometimes, not always.

Hubby and I did take time out to watch General Hospital together--its our afternoon rest period.
Cooked and ate a big dinner, but left right after for Bible Study--we're studying Daniel. Came home and my brain doesn't really function well much after seven, so I didn't feel the least bit guilty about watching Dancing with the Stars. (Good excuse, anyway.)

Maybe today will be more organized with less distractions--except I really must get the laundry done.

Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.