Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

Bet you thought I was going to write about chocolate. Well, yes, I confess chocolate is one of my guilty pleasures, but I don't indulge nearly as much as I used too.

Instead I'm going to confess my TV watching guilty pleasures. My husband and I both watch General Hospital. I've watched General Hospital for years, way back before Luke and Laura got married. Hubby didn't watch with me back in those days because he was either off to war or working on base.

Because it comes on at 2 in the afternoon here, it's a good time for both of us to take a break--and I must confess, sometimes we both snooze a bit. We are entertained by the fact that almost everyone has slept or been married to everyone else in the cast at one time or another. We know nothing will ever have a happy ending or the show would just stop. However there are some amazing actors on the show--at times I wonder how they can keep from laughing.

I also love reality TV. I watch Big Brother and have my favorites--hubby will only watch this one if he's forced into it. Survivor and the Amazing Race are others that I enjoy. I have a granddaughter who is determined that she and her husband are going to try out for it one day--the only thing that's holding them back is my daughter who won't babysit until their three year old is less of a handful.

What I don't like is the Japanese take-off shows where people actually get hurt. Why anyone would do those I have no idea.

Oh, and I also like to watch the disaster movies that have been coming out this summer too. The acting has been lousy, the stories just as lousy, but for some reason I'm fascinated by them. Maybe it's because I don't really have to think to follow along and if I go to sleep before it's over it's not really something I'll worry about.

Last week we went to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and took one of my good friends who is also a faithful fan of my books. We loved the movie--husband nodded off a few times--we went to the 10 a.m. showing so I think he was bored. My friend is also a General Hospital fan so at lunch we talked about all the wild goings-on.

Except for GH I don't watch TV in the day time. By the time evening rolls around, I no longer have the ambition to write and I guess I'm ready for my guilty pleasures.

That's my confession and I'm sticking to it.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.