Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mayhem in the Midlands

Wednesday, hubby and I get up at 3 a.m. in order to be at the airport for a 6 a.m. flight. We always fly in the puddle jumpers first--this time to Denver where we'll change planes to get to our destination, Omaha NE and one of my favorite mystery cons, Mayhem in the Midlands.

Not as many authors are in attendance as there usually are--a good thing for authors. I have two panels and I'm moderating another. My husband is even on one--Spouses of Mystery Writers. He did this a couple of years ago and it was great fun for him and the audience.

We enjoy Mayhem for many reasons, the first being the people. The same mystery fans come year after year and we've made friends with many of them. It's like going to a family reunion--so much fun catching up. We also have good friends who are fellow authors and I look forward to seeing them and getting their latest book.

The hotel is great too. They have wonderful full breakfasts that come with the price of the room. (I think this is what my husband likes best. He always get an omelet with everything on it.)

The hotel is located at the end of The Old Marketplace that has a wonderful array of all kinds of restaurants and quirky shops. We're looking forward to at least one meal at the Persian restaurant where we've made friends with the owner. He always recognizes us and calls us "California."

The weather is always different, we've roasted, froze, experienced thunderstorms and threats of tornadoes. We'll be leaving 100 plus degrees here in the foothills of the Sierra, so almost anything will be a welcome change. I'll give a report when I return.

Marilyn a.k.a. F. M. Meredith

1 comment:

  1. Have fun, Marilyn! I sure miss Mayhem. I remember that spouses panel, and it was a hoot!

    ReplyDelete

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.