Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Need Help Planning a Launch Party

In January I'll have a new book out--not one of my Deputy Tempe Crabtree books--this one is in my Rocky Bluff PD crime series. Not a cozy--but not really as edgy as many police procedurals. (I never use bad language or have explicit sex in any of my books.)

It's difficult juggling two series. No Sanctuary will be published by a small independent press, of course. I want to give this book as much promotion time as my other series. I always have some kind of launch party--but not quite sure what to do for this one.

It's about two ministers, and two churches and of course murder. A church might be a logical place, but I don't think my son-in-law who is the pastor of the church I go to, would go along with the idea. I might broach it just to see. By the way, the churches in the book have no realtionship whatsoever to our little church.

I've had launches outside our local coffee shop (too cold in January), the local Inn, a recreation center (long gone), a gift shop (gone), used book store (gone), antique store, my house, art gallery (gone). Nothing lasts long in our little town--people start businesses who don't know anything about running businesses.

Of course I'll do all the usual Internet promotion, but I always like to give my neighbors and fans a chance to purchase my book first.

Any bright ideas about this? Feel free to post them in the comments.

Marilyn
http://fictionforyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.